Endurance, Strength & Mobility Workout Video with Stephen Scullion & Emile Cairess
Written By: SportsShoes
We’ve got you covered pre- and post-run, as elite athletes Stephen Scullion and Emile Cairess join us for our latest
Stephen Scullion is a long distance specialist and reigning Irish Marathon champion. He qualified for the Tokyo Olympics with a time of 2 hours and 11 minutes and enjoys sharing his running experiences to help other runners.
Emile Cairess is a talented 22 year old GB runner with a focus on the 5K and 10K disciplines. In 2019 he took the bronze medal at the U23 European Championships with a time of 28:50:21
Here the Under Armour pro athletes guide us through pre-run exercises designed to activate key muscle groups, strengthen and condition the body and get you ready to head out of the door. This is followed up with a mobility session focusing on loosening up areas of tightness and tension, boosting blood flow and promoting recovery, and a question and answer session with key tips for runners.
- Simple and non-time-consuming pre-run exercises that you can do to prep the body before you run
- Build strength, endurance and condition key areas of the body for runners
- Reduce tightness with running-specific mobility exercises post-run and first thing in the morning
- Boost recovery and reduce the risk of injury, helping you to become a better and stronger runner
- Top tips from the pros to improve your running and focus your training.