Yoga for Runners with Lina Nielson
Written By: SportsShoes
It’s time to rebalance that hard training with relaxation for the mind and body! British 400m hurdler and yoga teacher, Lina Nielson joins us for our latest #NoFunStanding AT HOME session with her yoga flow for runners.
Intense running and training inevitably leads to tightness, tension and niggles. This yoga flow for runners incorporates a series of specific poses designed to help release some of the fascial tightness and tension surrounding the muscles that we often experience as runners, with a particular focus on the posterior chain, hips and hamstrings. It also helps to reduce anxiety and promotes a calm and positive mindset.
- Helps release running related tension and tightness
- Helps kickstart lymphatic drainage into play and flush out toxins
- Boosts flexibility, balance and strength
- Helps improve running performance and aids recovery
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety
- Focuses on key areas for runners
- Use poses for regular home practice
SportsShoes.com’s #NoFunStandingStill AT HOME initiative features exclusive advice and workouts from our ambassadors and experts, helping runners and all fitness enthusiasts to stay motivated, fit and active – at home. Tune in via @sportsshoes Instagram for our latest livestreams covering everything you need to know from stretching and mobility to nutrition and motivating playlists.